To make sure we can take away the items to be collected or returned as safely and quickly as possible, we will ask you to wrap and seal all the component parts in the bags we will send out to you in advance.
We will send you green bags for items being collected as part of our recycling service, and clear bags for items being replaced.
If you do not receive your bags within 48 hours of your delivery date, please get in touch with our customer services team, who will arrange for another set to be sent and will advise you of your other options.
The items to be collected must be wrapped, sealed and ready before the delivery team arrives.
How to prepare for a bed frame, divan or sofa bed collection
Please dismantle your old bed frame or the bed to be replaced and pack all the nuts and bolts in a small bag (not provided). If you are dismantling a TV bed, please tape shut the flap on the foot end to help safeguard the TV. Your divan base should be empty and half-bases should be unlinked and any headboard removed.
Disposal bags will be delivered to you by Royal Mail and these will arrive before your delivery. The components parts should then be wrapped in the bags provided. Use a green bag where you have chosen to use our recycling service, and clear bags in all other cases.
Please follow these packing guidelines:
- Bed frame: wrap the head end and foot end in one bag, the side rails and nuts and bolts in a second bag and the slats in a third.
- Divan: wrap a single divan in one bag and half bases in one bag each.
- Headboard: wrap in one bag.
- TV bed: wrap the head end in one bag, the foot end (with TV inside) in a second bag, the side rails and nuts and bolts in a third bag and the slats in a fourth.
- Sofa bed: wrap each end of the sofa bed with a bag so completely covered.
When the components are wrapped, please close the bags and seal shut with sticky tape.
Provided all items to be collected are correctly wrapped and sealed when the delivery team arrive, they will remove them to their van during the course of the visit. Regrettably, items that are not properly prepared and ready cannot be collected.